Sunday, February 17, 2019

February 17, 2019 MORE THAN WORDS

I'm a GRAMMARIAN with a secret. Don't tell anyone --BUT--I've turned  into THE GRAMMAR POLICE. I can't help myself-- I'm constantly correcting  grammar. Okay--I only do it in my head right now. Give me a few years though --WHEN MY FILTER'S GONE--I'm gonna be in BIG trouble. I'll be in line at the grocery store explaining WHO and WHOM and get punched in the mouth. YUP. PPSSTT--I have another secret.  In addition to being a WICKED GRAMMARIAN--I've recently discovered that I'm also an EVIL ELOCUTIONIST. Don't laugh--this is a serious issue. Who'd have thunk--teaching the art of public speaking--would become so TWISTED.  I few weeks ago--I found myself listening to a presentation and getting hives because the woman kept--dropping her INGS. This might not seem like a big deal to a normal person--but to someone as warped as I am--EVERY DROP--was a stab in the heart. Seriously. I have MANY issues. I know there are MORE important THINGS in the world--but I'm all about SAVING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE--one ING at a time.
LookING for a good murder mystery?? Look no further than Stuart Turton's debut The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. Here's the premise--Several distinguished guests are invited by Lord and Lady Hardcastle to Blackheath House for a Masquerade party. While at the party, Evelyn Hardcastle, daughter of the hosts, dies under mysterious circumstances. The odd thing is that Evelyn Hardcastle  dies every night at 11:00 p.m.--living the same day over and over and will continue to do so unless Aiden Bishop finds her killer. Here's the trick--He only has eight days to solve the murder and stop the cycle before it begins again. Another catch--Aiden wakes up each morning in the body of one of the eight witnesses to the murder. He keeps reliving the same day as one of the witnesses while he's searching for Evelyn's killer. Crazy. So far Aiden has been a socialite, professional gambler, banker, and butler. While inhabiting each body--he becomes that person on the outside and must deal with the good and bad of each witness too.  I'm half way through the book and can't put it down. It's like Agatha Christie meets Quantum Leap meets Groundhog Day. This 400 pager just melts away-- an 4 mile easy run. Can't wait to find out what happens next!










No comments:

Post a Comment