Friday, May 3, 2019

May 3, 2019 I GET AROUND

It's a pattern. Reinventing myself. I seem to do it every five years or so. Don't want to get too comfortable. Need to mix it up. Try something new. That probably sounds scary to most people--AND IT IS TO ME TOO--but it's how I operate. Seriously--I can't imagine teaching the SAME thing for 30 years. It would drive me crazy. I've worked with disabled students--taught a few college courses--spent 5 years teaching elementary students--7 years teaching middle school English--5 years teaching High School English--NOW IT'S TIME TO TRY SOMETHING NEW. This will probably be my last HURRAH. I'm going back to my first love--ART. Although I've been a certified art teacher for MANY years I've only dappled in teaching art. That's ALL about to change. I'm going to start teaching the Fine Arts classes at my school. YIPPEE--BUT--SCARY. It's an incredible classical art program and a BIG STEP out of my comfort zone. NEED to step out of my comfort zone--CHALLENGE MYSELF-- in order to grow--change--help the next generation appreciate art. Wish me luck.
Chief Inspector Gamache is going to need more than a little luck in Louise Penny's latest installment of  the Gamache series called Kingdom of the Blind. In this book, Gamache is suspended pending an investigation into the deadly opioids he failed to keep off the streets. In the meantime, He receives a strange request from a stranger to meet at an abandoned farmhouse. Upon arrival,  he sees his neighbor Myra, and meets  a young builder and a lawyer. The lawyer tells them that they have been named joint executors for the will of a woman they have never met. Even stranger, the requests in the will are outrageous and seem to be from an insane women. Soon after,  a body is found dead at the farmhouse--the son of the dead woman. Don't worry-- Gamache is on the case. Was it an accident or was it murder?  Was the woman crazy or is there more to the story than meets the eye? Will Gamache manage to get the opioids off the street before they kill millions? Will Gamache get his job back?  Find out the answers to these and many more questions when you read this book for yourself. I'm a huge Gamache fan--and recommend that you read these books in order. It matters. This installment is about 400 pages--4.5 mile run--that is hard to put down. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment