Friday, March 29, 2024

March 29, 2024 YOU SPIN ME ROUND

 

Been extremely busy lately. When I finally sit down at the end of the day--my brain is MUSH. My thoughts are all jumbled up and seem to spin-round & round. So that's where I've been. Can't seem to focus or concentrate long enough to write my blog. It's frustating. I've read several books though so without further ado let me tell you a bit about this great book I finished last week. It's called The Reading List and it was written by Sara Nisha Adams. One of the main characters is a widower named Mukesh. He lives a very simple life in Wembley, West London. He has three daughters and a granddaughter named Priya, who is a book worm. Another important character is a lonely teenager named Aleisha who is spending the summer working at the local library. One day while at work, she spies a crumbled piece of paper, opens it and finds a list of novels. She's not much of a reader, but decides to read every book on the list. Wanting to forge a better relationship with his granddaughter through reading, Mukesh finds himself in the library one day asking Aleisha for recommendations. She starts recommending books from the list and the two forge a friendship through reading. The is wonderful story about the power of books. They not only bring unlikely people together,  they help people forget their problems for a while and take readers to magical places. Hope you give this 400 page book a try and let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment