Wednesday, April 19, 2017

April 19, 2017 MAGIC POWER

Back to school--but the finish line is in sight! It's already April 19. Our seniors have about a month left until they graduate. It's crazy--time just flies by. It's bittersweet really-- time for them to leave the nest--Fly Free. I can still remember being a senior in high school. I have VERY fond memories of those years. Great friends and FUN had by all!  I remember feeling--WILD and FREE--like the world was at my fingertips.   It's the best feeling in the world--to be young and believe you are invincible. It's actually kind of like a runner's high. A runner's high happens when you are running and all of a sudden it feels effortless-- there's no pain or discomfort. The body and mind work in tandem--running feels--magical--insuperable--carefree.   It's the best feeling ever AND it's the closest I can get to feeling like an eighteen year old--I'll take it! All this reminiscing has made me nostalgic for the past. It's time to take a trip down memory lane--back to when I was in high school and read EVERY Danielle Steele book I could get my hands on.
I guess I was a sucker for romance--way back when-- because Danielle Steele was the master and still is I hear. I've not read Steele in years, but loved her back in the day. She has written to date 102 novels and is the best selling living author in America--with 22 books adapted for television and another 30 sold for the big screen. WOW. Her books can be "formula" and some critics call them "fluff"  but they are still fun to read. The one that sticks out in my mind from high school is The Promise--which was also made into a movie. Anyways, Michael and Nancy are young and in love. They have decided to marry--much to the dismay of Michael's mother. Shortly before the wedding, Nancy is involved in a terrible accident that changes the course of events forever..........Fast forward a few years. Michael is living in New York and Nancy is safely tucked away in California. Will they find each other---keep the promise they made to each other long ago--or has his mother's deception been a success?? Find out when you read this easy page turner of 288 pages. It's a fun, quick read--maybe a 3 miles run--a blast from the past. It's fun to reread a book from long ago. Although our perspectives change with age,  we can still appreciate why we originally loved a book and for just  a few minutes remember who we were. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment