Thursday, July 18, 2019

July 18, 2019 PEACEFUL EASY FEELING

I was 42. Yup. And pregnant. My other kids were ELEVEN and THIRTEEN. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thought I was almost done--when I found out --I  WAS STARTING OVER. OOPS. Sometimes the best things in life aren't planned. Can't imagine my life without him. He's been a JOY from the start. So easy to be around-- just goes with the flow-- calm all the time.  HE'S THE BUFFER EVERY FAMILY NEEDS. He turned twelve yesterday--time is flying by too fast. Although he has siblings-- many times he feels like an only child. He really has the best of both worlds. His siblings dote on him--WHEN THEY COME TO VISIT--and so do we. It's very different having a child later in life. I never worry about him the way I did the others--OVER RIDICULOUS  THINGS.  I'm probably a better parent-- I'm older and wiser-- I don't sweat the small stuff anymore.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY little bug.
Detective Anderson should have--sweat over the small stuff-- a little more in Stephen King's new book The Outsider and he would have saved himself a lot of trouble. If you like scary, creepy, unsettling stories then this is the book for you. Set in Flint City, Terry Maitland, baseball coach, English teacher, father of two young daughters, has just been arrested for the unthinkable. Violently killing and raping an eleven year old boy named Fredrick Peterson. The evidence seems iron clad--DNA, finger prints, witnesses. But, Terry Maitland has an alibi. Iron clad. How could he be two places at the same time. So begins this investigation into the supernatural. Can both sides be telling the truth? Find out for yourself when you read this frightening, suspense-filled novel. Although it's 560 pages--it flies by--so it's only about a five mile run. Remember it is disturbing so don't say I didn't warn you. Also, heard this book is being turned into an HBO series soon. BOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment