Saturday, August 17, 2019

August 17, 2019 EVERY DAY I WRITE THE BOOK

REREADING BOOKS. I wonder how many people actually do it--besides me. There are actually many reasons to reread your favorite books--you know--the books that you hold dear to your heart. I spent the last week rereading ONE OF THEM. The books I reread are the books I'll never forget.  They are the books I buy and keep in my library because I want to keep them close to me so that I can reread them whenever I want. The characters in these stories speak to me and become almost real. They are people I'll never forget. I actually remember their names--which is crazy--because I can't even remember the names of my own kids. It doesn't matter that I already know what's going to happen--that's not the point. I guess I reread books because the writing is so special that I want to enjoy it again. They are like old friends--comforting to be around. Instead of reviewing a book today--I thought I'd leave you with a list of  books worthy of rereading to inspire you to either read or reread one.
Books I have REREAD:
-A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry 
 -A Widow For One Year by John Irving
-A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
  -I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb
-Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  -Bleak House by Charles Dickens
-To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
 -Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
-The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson Cullers
Books I NEED to REREAD:
-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte     -Son of the Circus by John Irving
-A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles  -Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese
-Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham -The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass
-Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton          -The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
-Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout 
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment