Sunday, February 7, 2021

February 7, 2021 SEXY EYES

 You know how some people get tummy tucks? 

 Well--I'm thinking I need an eye lid tuck?  Seriously. 

What  the HELL happened to my EYE LIDS?? It's a real surgery you know--it's officially called Blepharoplasty or an Upper Eye Lift AND I'm pretty sure I need one. There is so much skin on my eyelids-- that I LITERALLY have to pull my lid down to my chin just to get my eyeliner on. OK--I can handle that BUT by lunch time--BECAUSE I HAVE AN EXTRA EYELID NOW--it has smudged all over my lids and I look like I've been in a fist fight. I can't handle this crap. What am I supposed to do--carry eyeliner around in my back pocket and fix it all day?? So--I've started investigating the surgery. It's been around for a long time AND insurance will pay for it IF IT IS TO IMPROVE VISION LOSS. So--MAYBE  that's REALLY why I can't see. WHO KNEW? FYI-- This procedure is actually one of the most popular forms of plastic surgery in the United States. There are some  side effects I'd have to consider-- bruising--swelling-- double vision BUT what the HELL. My eyes look BRUISED AND SWOLLEN  EVERY DAY. And if I had some temporary DOUBLE VISION--isn't that better than  DOUBLE EYELIDS.  HUM.................While I'm pondering this IMPORTANT decision I'll  tell you about a great book I just finished called Hamnet by Maggie O'Farrell. In this beautifully written novel, O'Farrell literally takes a small snippet from Shakespeare's life and uses it as a springboard to write a novel completely different from anything she has written before. Set in England in 1580, a young Latin tutor falls in love with Agnes Hathaway. Although their love is forbidden, the two eventually marry and live adjacent to the groom's family. The Latin tutor ( whom we assume is Shakespeare-although his name is never mentioned) feels inadequate around his family who want him to continue working in the family glove business. After a bout with depression, Shakespeare moves to London while Agnes stays behind to raise their children--two daughters and a son named  Hamnet. While in London, Shakespeare finds his niche acting and writing plays.   The second half of the book focuses on the Black Plague, the tragic death of Hamnet, and the effect his death has on his whole family. This is a story about marriage, sacrifice, grief, and how Shakespeare took that grief and created his longest play Hamlet. I especially loved the ending, but you'll have to read it for yourself to find out what happens. This is a powerful novel that I really enjoyed. Great character development and interesting read. It's about 320 pages or a 4 mile run that you will really enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment