Wednesday, June 9, 2021

June 9, 2021 LIFE'S BEEN GOOD


What a relief. School is FINALLY OVER. It was a crazy year. What I hated most was the MASK. 
It justdidn't work for me. I'm a person who says it all with my face--Hence the problem with the mask. I think the kids were confused all year because they couldn't see my FACE. They didn't know whether I was serious or NOT. It's funny too--wearing the mask inhibited my other senses. I couldn't hear the kids--everything sounded muffled--and my vision was limited too. I can't tell you how many times I tripped over backpacks because I couldn't see under my mask unless I moved my head--something I could never get used to for some reason. I was also BLIND for most of the year--I constantly took off my glasses because they fogged up. I couldn't see with them or without them. So thankful that life is finally getting back to normal. I went grocery shopping the other day WITHOUT THE MASK. I went to a restaurant WITHOUT THE MASK. AND finally went back to the yoga studio today WITHOUT THE MASK. Feeling grateful. Life is good. Erin French candidly reflects back on her life  and what she's grateful for in her new memoir Finding Freedom. Erin French is the owner and chef of the world renowned, Lost Kitchen, a 40 seat restaurant in Freedom, Maine. Erin's love affair with food began when she was a child as she spent most of her time in her father's diner in Freedom. It was there that she learned to prep, cook, clean, and manage a restaurant. After high school, she left home for college, but found herself back in Freedom after becoming pregnant. Erin's life takes many twists and turns as a single mother trying to make ends meet. She eventually marries and opens her first restaurant.  After her marriage crumbles, and she hits rock bottom, Erin somehow finds the courage to start over again to become one of the most sought after chefs in the world.  Find out all about Erin's life when you read this 300 page --3 mile run--for yourself. Her passion for food and desire to succeed will lift you up and help you learn that anything is possible in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment