Monday, October 11, 2021

October 11, 2021 DREAM WEAVER

 Not sure what I'd do without the library. Seriously. I have a mild addiction to the place. I actually get jittery if a  few weeks go by and I haven't made a pilgrimage to check out what's new on the shelves.  It's one of my happy places. Where else can you go to BORROW YOUR FAVORITE THINGS. If I bought every book I've read over the years--I'd be a pauper or a hoarder because it's hard for me to give away books--especially ones I've bought. And Get this--if the library doesn't  have the book-- it can be ordered--FREE--from another library. They even send you an email when the book comes in. It's really a no brainer. There aren't many things left in this world that are absolutely FREE. Hope you take advantage of the library and their services and support the library by  Becoming a Friend of the Library. Heck--I just read a great book that was on the recommendation shelf from one of the librarians--that I'd never have spied on my own. It was called In Five Years by Rebecca Serle. The main character of this little gem is Dannie Kohan, an attorney living in New York City. She is one of those people who has planned out her entire life. She's just landed her dream job and gotten engaged--all part of her grand plan. One night she goes to bed and has a dream that changes her life. It is exactly 5 years in the future and she's in a different apartment, with a different man with a different engagement ring on her finger. She wakes highly disturbed by a dream that felt too real to be a dream. Five years go by and Dannie is still engaged when her best friend, Belle,  introduces her to her new boyfriend AND it's the guy from her dream. How can that be? Maybe it wasn't a dream? Don't want to say anymore about this book except that I had a very hard time putting down. It's a quick read only 250 pages or a quick 3 mile run that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment