Monday, June 12, 2023

June 12, 2023 LEAVING ON A JET PLANE

 

Headed to Greece this week. It's going to be an amazing trip--Athens-Delphi-Meteora-Santorini. Can't wait. Celebrating our thirtieth anniversary. Time sure flies when you're having fun. Seems like just yesterday..........but it's not. It's three kids--one amazing cat--several dogs and a red bellied toad later.  I  do miss the good old days-- when the kids were little. I see young couples now with their kids and  get exhausted just watching them. I hope they appreciate these days because they really are gone too soon. Back to the trip--I'm taking a few books for the flight--it's over 9 hours and I figure I can really get some serious reading done. In the meantime, I'll review the book I just finished. I needed a lighter, easier read this time around so I decided to read Peter Swanson's  new book The Kind Worth Saving, the sequel to The Kind Worth Killing.  I am a fan of Swanson and have read all of his books. They don't require a huge commitment and I enjoy mysteries with a twist or two. As this story unfolds, Joan Whalen has just hired private investigator Henry Kimball to follow her husband as she is convinced he is having an affair with a coworker. Interestingly enough, Joan and Henry have a history. Henry Kimball was once her English teacher in high school when a terrible tragedy occurred. While Kimball investigates Whalen's husband Richard, he gets more than he bargained for---two dead bodies and a feeling that things aren't how they appear. This story is told from multiple points of view with interesting characters who are in many cases deeply flawed. Find out what happens to Kimball and the rest of the characters when you read this 310 page novel that will keep you guessing until the bitter end. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment