Sunday, April 21, 2024

April 21, 2024 WHITE LIAR

 

Best news ever---My daughter joined a book club. My prayers have finally been answered AND-- she asked me to read one of their books. I've been waiting years for this. She was a big reader when she was young and then who knows what happened--cell phones-friends-college. BUT--she's finally making her way back and I'm so glad. She actually listens to some of the books because she has a long commute to and from work. Who cares!!! She's interested in books again. So--she's been telling me about this book she couldn't put down that she wanted me to read by Lisa Jewell. I've read Lisa Jewell before and have enjoyed her psychological thrillers and this one does not disappoint. It's called None of This is True. The main character of this bizarre story is Alix Summer's a famous podcaster. On the night of her forty-fifth birthday, she is celebrating with family and friends when she meets Josie Fair, who is also out celebrating her birthday. They are birthday twins. A few days later the two bump into each other again, and Josie asks Alix to do a podcast about her life as it's on the cusp of big changes.  Alix is in between jobs, so she decides to interview Josie. Before she knows it, Alix realizes she's interviewing a very odd woman who is in a beyond dysfunctional marriage with two very disturbed daughters. Don't want to say too much more except that Alix and her family get drawn into Josie's nightmare and their lives are forever changed. This is a real page turner. It was a whirlwind of crazy. Just when you think you know who's telling the truth--think again. It's about 380 pages that I had a very hard time putting down. Still weighing how I feel about the ending. Let me know what you think. 

3 comments:

  1. Amy has started reading also - like a switch was flipped, she went from zero to 100! And now we share books and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a page-turner! Happy to hear your daughter has found reading again.

    ReplyDelete