Sunday, September 1, 2024

September 1, 2024 BOOTYLICIOUS

 

You'd think that in the 21st century they'd come up with a more civilized colonoscopy prep. IT REALLY IS A NIGHTMARE. It all starts with the 30 hour liquid diet.  So you get to starve to death BEFORE moving on to the real adventure. THE PREP MEDS.  Although doctors claim there have been many improvements such as--splitting the dose in two--or the pill option--they are both STILL ridiculous. So I split the disgusting drink in half-- That means I have to take it twice--try NOT to throw up-- and sit on the toilet twice as long???? OUCH.  Or I go with the pill option which is also offered in a split fashion. So instead of drinking liquid poison, I have to swallow 24 horse pills. Either way I'm still sitting  ON THE TOILET FOREVER.  By the time the prep is finally done--I've had NO sleep,  ass is on fire, and  feel like I've been hit by a bus. There has to be an easier way......... Guess what??? I get to do it again in FIVE YEARS. YIPPIE. I accomplished one thing during my 30 hours of agony---I read Holly Gramazio's debut novel The Husbands. One night, Lauren arrives home from a hen party for her best friend Elena to find a man in her flat. The man claims to be her husband, Michael. The only problem is that Lauren isn't married. She has no idea who Michael is even though her friends, family and photos show them as a happy couple. A few days later, Michael goes to the attic to fix a light bulb and he's gone. Another man appears from the attic claiming to be her husband. So it begins. Somehow, Lauren can send her "husband" to the attic and exchange him for a new one if she doesn't like his hair, car, outfit, attitude--whatever. The problem --how does Lauren know which "husband" is the right one for her and is there really a perfect relationship. This interesting, easy read has an intriguing plot that is quite funny at times. It is totally relevant to the world we live in today with dating apps and the ability to swipe right or left at the drop of a hat. Find out what happens to Lauren, the attic and her many husbands when you read this clever book for yourself. Enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment