Another summer coming to an end. It's been a good one. Finally felt good running. Tried to run every other day between 4-6 miles. Overall I felt very strong. So thankful. CAN'T tell you how much I enjoy getting out there with my buddies. We do something every day. Either run, walk or yoga. CAN'T tell you how much I am going to miss this routine when I go back to school. I really need a job that works AROUND my exercise schedule. That's what would make me TRULY happy. Hopefully I'll find THAT job real soon. Anyone got any ideas??? Wish someone would pay me to read and review books. In the meantime, I just finished a novel by one of my favorite writers that I'd like to share with you--Elizabeth Strout's-- The Things We Never Say. Set in a coastal town in Massachusetts in 2024, Artie Dam is a 57 year old history teacher whose been married to Evie for over thirty years. After experiencing a tragedy involving their son, Rob, the couple is changed. Artie retreats into himself, lonely and filled with self-doubt, while Evie becomes callous and distant. Artie is further troubled by the 2024 presidential election and a world he feels disconnected from. One day while out sailing, Artie has a boating accident that forces him to confront his despair and change his life for the better. Strout is a master at creating characters with real struggles that readers can understand. And her writing is gorgeous. Find out more about Artie, Evie and a long buried secret that also threaten their future when you read this lovely gem for yourself.

No comments:
Post a Comment