Sunday, January 21, 2018

January 21, 2018 RICKY DON'T LOSE THAT NUMBER

Great running weather this weekend. Only wish the sciatica were feeling better--ran ABOUT 5 SLOW miles before IT STARTED SCREAMING--STOP.  I've tried just about everything--ice--heat--rolling--you name it and it's only 60% better. So I've decided to try something new. YOGA FOR SCIATICA PAIN. According to Adrienne--my new Yoga instructor on YOUTUBE--IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT THE SCIATICA. It's about hip alignment--shoulders--AND CORE CORE CORE.  I'm trying to STRETCH my rib cage, hamstrings, neck, EVERYTHING. I've literally folded myself up into a pretzel several times-- a hard thing for someone with LONG LEGS but --I have to admit that I'm feeling better after just two sessions. I'm SORE ALL OVER BUT THAT'S A GOOD THING--I THINK. I'm definitely not the most FLEXIBLE person in the world BUT THAT'S ALL GONNA CHANGE. Here's hoping that Yoga and MINDFULNESS will be the cure.
Georgie McCool is looking for a cure too but in this case for her marital problems in Rainbow Rowell's novel Landline. Georgie and Neal have been married for fifteen years and are the parents of two little girls. Neal is a stay at home father while Georgie is a sitcom writer in Los Angeles. A week before Christmas--she and her writing partner get the opportunity of a lifetime. Their own sitcom but there's one hitch-- four episodes must be written ASAP. Georgie decides to forgo Christmas in Omaha to stay  home and write while the rest of her family goes to visit her in-laws.  Soon after, Georgie begins to reevaluate her marriage, family and priorities. While visiting her mom one afternoon, Georgie picks up her old landline and is magically back in the past--talking to Neal at the beginning of their relationship. Find out what happens between Georgie and Neal after Georgie relives her past. Will their relationship survive?? Will Georgie's priorities change? Will the sitcom be a success?? Find out the answers to these questions when you read this book for yourself. The characters are funny and quirky. It's also an easy read of only 300 pages or a 3.5 mile run that will have you remembering the good old days when we all had landlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment