Wednesday, January 24, 2018

January 25, 2017 BEAUTY SCHOOL DROP OUT

I'm now at the point where I have to color my hair every 5-6 weeks. IT'S CRAZY. First of all--I'm really bad at anything that requires maintenance.  That's why I've never been one to get my nails done or even have a pedicure--It's just ANOTHER THING TO DO. Seriously though--I can't possibly get my hair done that often. And there's nothing WORSE than looking in the rearview mirror and seeing an inch of grey down the middle like Pepe Le Pew--right?? SO--I've taken drastic measures. I ACTUALLY BOUGHT "MAGIC" HAIR SPRAY!! Seriously. It's made by L'Oreal and comes in several colors to match your hair--I bought "Golden Brown." After I wash and dry my hair--I spray the potion on my roots AND WHOOLA--THE GREY IS GONE. I feel like HOUDINI. WHO'D OF THUNK--I could get an extra week or two spraying my roots for a measly ten bucks. Special thanks to the Hair Gods for that one!!
Mia Warren, the main character in Celeste Ng's new novel Little Fires Everywhere needs to pray too--that the past she wants to keep hidden--will stay that way. Mia Warren is an single mother and artist with a fifteen year old daughter named Pearl. They've moved around quite a bit but Mia is now determined to stay in Shaker Heights, a planned community in Ohio where she has rented a house. Also living in Shaker Heights, are her landlords, the Richardsons and their three children. At first the families seem to bond, but after a Chinese baby is abandoned at a fire station and taken in by the McCullough family (also of Shaker Heights and best friends with Elena Richardson) things change. Just when the McCullough's dream of adopting a baby are about the become a reality,  the birth mother resurfaces to claim her baby.  Mia gets entangled in the court battle  and Elena, looking for revenge for her friend, plans to take Mia down. What does Mia have hidden in her past? Will the McCullough's adopt the baby or will the birth mother regain her rights? Find out the answers to these and many more questions when you read this Best Book of 2017 pick. It's a real page turner--of about 340 pages or a 4 mile run--that you will NOT want to put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment