Tuesday, February 13, 2018

February 13, 2018 I'M SICK Y'ALL

Three little letters--F-L-U--that's where I've been. Every year that little bugger seems to find me--it's EVERYWHERE. Every other kid at school is hacking & sneezing in my face-- And as much as I disinfect the desks--REFUSE TO SHAKE THEIR HANDS AT MASS--or EVEN touch their pens or pencils--it still finds me. It's like a silent nuclear submarine with secret sensors--waiting to ZAP me. YUP--it got me again. Of course--I tried to ignore it completely. Went on a 5 mile run  Saturday--followed by yoga--two basketball games--and a quick trip to the grocery store. By Sunday I was pretty sick--but went to the gym anyway--I know this makes NO rational sense to a SANE person--JUST LIVING IN DENIAL BECAUSE IT'S WHAT I DO BEST. Got home from the gym ready to die and have since-- spent several days in the PRONE position--wishing it away. Finally able to sit up--open my eyes at the same time--read--and write my blog.
If you're looking for a sentimental, uplifting story this dreary February, I have just the book for you--Elizabeth Berg's new novel The Story of Arthur Truluv. Arthur Moses, the main character of this novel, is a widower who packs his lunch everyday and heads to the cemetery to talk to his dearly departed wife, Nora. There he meets a lonely, motherless teenager named Maddy. Maddy is a misfit at school who is picked on constantly by her peers. She also feels unloved by her grief stricken father who is unable to communicate his feelings to her.  Somehow Arthur and Maddy, geriatric and teenager, form a bond that ultimately saves both of them. Find out what happens when Arthur opens his heart and home to not only Maddy but also his overbearing, heartbroken neighbor Lucille too.  This is the story of three lonely people who come together as a family to support one another in love and friendship that you will not forget. One of the great things about this book is that it isn't a huge commitment either. It's only about 220 pages--or an easy 3 mile run--that will leave you wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment