Tuesday, March 13, 2018

MARCH 13, 2018 MR. DISAPPOINTMENT

Although disappointment is a part of life-- it's still a TOUGH pill to swallow. Take sports for instance. Teams play their HEARTS out RIGHT --but in the end--SOMEBODY  has to LOSE. It doesn't mean the other team IS ANY better--it's just part of the game. Disappointment SUCKS--but it's a necessary evil. Unfortunately, we all have to experience this and every other feeling in life to be truly alive. UGH!! We can't POSSIBLY understand REAL SATISFACTION though unless we FEEL REAL DISAPPOINTMENT at some point too. I guess the important thing to do is-- keep it all in perspective--EASIER SAID THAN DONE--I know.  Realize that EVERY disappointment in life is an opportunity to learn a lesson--AND--reflect.  These are KEY to living a successful life. Don't forget to enjoy the ride though--Celebrate the good times too. Be proud of your accomplishments--there's always next year!
It's that time of year again when I get really busy at school. My brain is spinning round and round  and my attention span's shot-- so I've been reading short stories.  I've been concentrating on American short stories; especially, Edith Wharton. Edith Wharton--for some reason unbeknownst to me-- is not widely known for her short stories.  She is famous  for her wonderful books Ethan Frome, The House of Mirth and The Age of Innocence. She actually won the Pulitzer Prize in literature in 1921 for The Age of Innocence--the first woman to win such an honor. She is a wonderful writer who deserves more recognition for her collection of short stories too.  I'm reading The Best Short Stories of Edith Wharton right now but they can be accessed on the internet it you only want to read a few of them. I recommend "Roman Fever", "Pomegranate Seed" "The Journey" and the "Bunner Sisters"--for starters. Before reading her work though, I  encourage you to read a little biography about her life online because there are so many parallels between her work and her life. Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment