Tuesday, March 6, 2018

March 6, 2018 WOULD I LIE TO YOU?

Have been S-P-R-E-A-D-I-N-G myself too thin lately. Way too much to do and NOT enough hours in the day to get things done. Of course this leads to STRESS--ANXIETY--WORRY. When I start waking up in the middle of the night obsessed with the THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST--Something's got to give right?? BUT WHAT?? Between teaching, correcting, TRYING to run--OUCH, yoga, reading, blogging, words with friends,  family CRAP--AND ON TOP OF THAT NOW-- fitting in physical therapy too. MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE.  It turns out that my BUTT pain from running is actually--IT BAND SYNDROME. It's this muscle that runs from my hip to my outer knee that is INFLAMED AS A MOTHER!!!  SO--I'm going to suck it up and start physical therapy because I've tried everything I can think of to NO AVAIL. SPRING is coming and I'd be lying if a said I COULD LIVE WITHOUT SPRING RUNNING. Speaking of lying, I'm reading this great thriller by Ruth Ware right now called The Lying Game.  

Isa, the narrator, Kate, Thea and Fatima have been friends since attending the same boarding school near the cliffs of the English Chanel in a town called Salten. While at school, the girls play the lying game--but promise never to lie to each other. Their time together comes to an abrupt end after a tragic event. Flash forward seventeen years and Kate sends her friends a text with three little words--I need you. Isa, Thea, and Fatima immediately abandon their lives--go back to Salten to help their desperate friend. Find out what happens when these old friends get back together and realize that the past they thought they buried is alive and well. This is a fun, suspense filled book. I really enjoy Ware's writing and you will too. It's an easy read of about 385 pages--or a 4 mile run--that will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment