Sunday, April 8, 2018

April 8, 2018 HARD HABIT TO BREAK

It's time to face the UGLY TRUTH-- I have a problem. It's hard for me to admit this but--I'M A BINGER. NOT even sure that's a word but it should be. I OVERINDULGED--GORGED--Whatever you want to call it. I went on a BENDER this weekend. Some folks binge--EAT--DRINK--Hell--I've even heard of  binging--NETFLIX. My problem is much WORSE. I BINGE READ BOOKS. Don't laugh--it's a problem. I virtually ignored--my family--and EVERY other responsibility I had this weekend because of my DEBAUCHERY. Do you think SITTING on a  couch for 7 hours reading a book IS a bit excessive????  I DON"T KNOW!!! While I'm in the  THROES of it--I forget that there are consequences. TODAY-- I'm haunted. What did I miss??   What did I say?? Where was I supposed to go on Saturday??  AND Why is my family eating cereal for supper again?? Oh yeah--  I was too BUSY BINGE READING.  I'll get through it--DON'T WORRY--I've BEEN HERE BEFORE. The guilt and humiliation will subside--EVENTUALLY. Oh well--that's the price I'm gonna have to pay because The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen was THAT GOOD!! 
Don't want to give too much away, but here's the premise. The story begins with the main character devastated as her husband has left her for a younger woman. She is not taking the break up well. To make matters worse, she's living with an aunt because she's lost everything. She drinks a lot to escape her sorrow and is on the way to having a nervous breakdown; especially, after finding out that her ex-husband is getting remarried  The other main character is the younger woman.  She is in love with Prince Charming. He is perfect--handsome--thoughtful--rich--but is it all too good to be true?? This book will hook you in on the first page. It will mess with your mind and even confuse you. You will think that you know where the story is going and then you'll be second guessing your second guesses. It's full of twists and turns all the way until the last page. Not kidding. So if this sounds like a fun ride to you--then pick up a copy for yourself. It's about 350 pages--maybe a 3-4 mile run--that's worth the ride. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment