Friday, September 28, 2018

September 28, 2018 YOU FILL UP MY SENSES

Have you ever read a book that hit a little TOO close to home?? I just finished one. I totally understood the main character--she could have been me thirty-something years ago. Her plight was mine-- I too had been in her shoes--sort of. NO--the gist of the plot didn't happen to me--but other events did that left me feeling as she felt. She was a hard nut to crack and so am I. I sometimes feel sorry for my family--I'm sure they find me a frustrating person to live with. My layers are almost impossible to peel. Things happen in life--that we HAVE to learn to live with--NO ONE IS IMMUNE. And much like Loveday Cardew, the main character in Stephanie Butland's novel The Lost Words Bookshop, books became my sanctuary too. 
 In addition to our affinity for books, Loveday and I share another commonality, she also prefers books to most people. Loveday is a tweny-five year old lost soul who works at the Lost for Words Bookshop in York, England. Loveday has a secret that she's been running from for fifteen years. After three suspicious packages get delivered to the bookshop, Loveday realizes that someone knows her secret. Could it be Archie, the owner of the shop or her ex-boyfriend Rob who seems determined to make her life miserable? Maybe it's the poet/magician Nathan who's always just a little too nice?? Find out what Loveday's been running away from and if she finally faces her past and lets it go. This little gem is a mystery and a love story written especially for book lovers. The cast of characters are authentic and wonderful--you will want to join them for poetry night at the local pub--guaranteed. It's about 370 page--a 4 mile run--that you will wish was a marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment