Tuesday, October 9, 2018

October 9,2018 YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUTTA MY MOUTH

As much as I hate to admit it--I'm a little obsessed. It's not your typical addiction though--its with a game on my phone--WORDS WITH FRIENDS. I can't believe this is happening  to me!! Don't laugh. It's keeping me up at night--It's keeping me from my other addiction--READING BOOKS. I know I have to get it under control--BUT IT'S NOT THAT SIMPLE. I'm an English teacher--grammarian, writer, reader, speller--I should be winning EVERY game. But I'm not. This is a game of strategy BUT I'm so busy constructing the BEST word that I practically spoon feed the best options to my opponents. I waste time looking for the LONGEST word or the most CREATIVE word instead of just adding an X to an A for 45 points. It makes NO LOGICAL SENSE. I know that--but I can't get away from CARING MORE ABOUT THE WORDS THAN THE POINTS. To all my opponents out there--I know you think you're smarter than I am but YOUR NOT. I don't care about the WORD RADAR--EXTRA COINS--RIBBONS--BELLS AND WHISTLES. I care about the word--I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME.  Adelaide Blake should have paid more attention to what her fiancee Conrad Massey didn't say in Amanda Quick's romantic mystery The Other Lady Vanishes. 
After agreeing to marry Conrad Massey, Adelaide wakes up to find herself committed to Rushbrook, a private asylum in California. Conrad has had her committed so that he can steal her inheritance to save his company. One frightening night at the asylum, Adelaide witnesses the death of a doctor while on the drug DAYDREAM. In the chaos that ensues, Adelaide escapes and later reinvents herself in Burning Cove, a seaside resort town frequented by Hollywood stars. Jake Truett, a recently widowed business man arrives in town at about the same time claiming his doctor wants him to rest. HHHMMM. Throw in a psychic to the stars, a famous actress, some drug dealers,  gangsters, con men and we have a real mystery. Who drugged the doctor and sent him to his death?  What is DAYDREAM? Will Adelaide be discovered by her husband and sent back to the asylum? Why is Jake really in town and just where does the physic fit in?? Find out the answers to these questions and many more when you read this fun thriller with many twists and turns. It's about 335 pages--4 mile run--that is fun and addicting from page one.



No comments:

Post a Comment