Monday, December 31, 2018

December 31, 2018 WHY DON'T YOU READ A BOOK

It's that time of year again. YUP. Trying to make my list of the best books of 2018. A few things I should tell you about the list. These are from the books that I read this year. They are NOT necessarily written in 2018 though. First off-- I review my blogs for 2018-- make the "INITIAL LIST"--which is always TOO LONG. Then I start cutting--after a lot of HEMMING AND HAWING. The books that make the CUT have what I think of as "The perfect recipe." Generally speaking--the books that make the cut are BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN stories with CAPTIVATING--QUIRKY--characters set in  interesting places. They are the stories that stay with me LONG after I've finished them because they've transported me to a foreign place where I've learned something new. They are the authors I go back to time and time again because I get lost in their prose. So without further adieu--I'd like to share my favorite books of 2018:
1)  An Atlas of Impossible Longing by Anuradha Roy reviewed 11/26/18--blog title Addicted to Love.
2) Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller reviewed 4/16/18--blog title The Weight of the World.
3 Pachinko by Min Jin Lee reviewed 10/30/18--blog title If a Picture Paints a Thousand Words.
4)  The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jen-Philipp Sendker reviewed 10/25/18--blog title Summer Breeze.
5)  Often I am Happy by Jens Christian Grondahls reviewed 2/4/18--blog title Lottery.
6)  Stay with Me by Ayobami Adebayo reviewed 6/27/18--blog title Time in a Bottle.
7) The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See reviewed 5/20/18--blog title I Hope you Dance. 
8) There There by Tommy Orange reviewed 12/27/18--blog title House Party. 
Hope this list helps you find your next perfect read. Enjoy. Have a Healthy-Happy New Year.  Happy Reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment