Saturday, January 12, 2019

January 12, 2019 VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR

WHY IS EVERYTHING SO COMPLICATED??? All I wanted to do was get rid of some message that kept popping up EVERY time I started my car. OKAY. I tried to follow the rules. I LOOKED at the 4 different manuals that came with my car. DIDN'T UNDERSTAND A DAMN THING. Told myself it couldn't be that hard. SO--I started pushing buttons.  CAR SETTINGS--sounded good. So I hit the OKAY button--which then led me to  something about a RESET. That sounded good to me???  I really should have stopped to read the FINE PRINT--but I get VERY IMPATIENT with technology.  In my TINY SIMPLE mind--I thought that if I hit RESET-- that STUPID MESSAGE would STOP-- and that was a good thing--RIGHT??  Little did I know that by hitting--RESET--  EVERY SETTING would go back to the--MANUFACTURER SETTINGS-- Whatever that meant. To add insult to injury-- THAT STUPID MESSAGE IS STILL SHOWING UP EVERY TIME I START MY CAR. The only thing WORSE than hitting the RESET BUTTON WAS HAVING TO ASK MY HUSBAND FOR HELP--He already rolls his eyes--EVERY time I ask which of the 4  REMOTE CONTROLS I should use to change the channel. By the time this debacle  gets sorted out, I'm gonna need a reboot--maybe a little TLC --at a health resort like Nine Perfect Strangers did in Liane Moriarty's new novel.
Moriarty's latest book is the perfect blend of quirky characters, intrigue and suspense. Here's the premise. Nine people, who are all at different points in their lives, have decided they need a break. They pay a pretty penny for a ten day stay at this posh posh health resort named Tranquillum House in Sydney, Australia. Frances Welty, a fifty-three year old best-selling romance novelist,  is nursing a broken heart and ego. The Marconi family is dealing with bereavement, while Tony, a former NFL football start is dealing with ageing and the decisions he's made in life. I personally found Jessica and Ben pretty interesting. They are a young couple who won the lottery--but lost themselves in the process. The question becomes--is Tranquillun House and its owner/director Masha all she seems to be or is she up to something?? Don't want to say anything else because I don't want to spoil the fun except that there are many twist and turns that you will definitely enjoy. This great read is about 450 pages or an easy 5mile run. It's a real page turner that you will not be able to put down. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment