Thursday, July 23, 2020

July 23, 2020 THEY'RE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAY

Life in the time of COVID--The WHOLE MEGILLAH IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.  We are DEEP in the WEEDS here--living in uncertain times--and SOME people still think it's a HOAX. It's all too much for me. I'm starting to feel betwixt and between and not sure what to do with myself. I want to be productive but when EVERY day is Ground Hog's Day it's NOT easy.  Is it Monday-Friday-Saturday-What difference does it even make? Every day is a Mary Mix-Up day AS one day bleeds into the next.  I'm feeling all SIXES and SEVENS and I'm starting to talk up side streets. UGH. Is this really my new NORMAL? I just want my old life back before I fall over the edge and I'm--four quarters short of a dollar--a few bricks short of a load--five cans short of a six pack. Before they take me away to the--booby hatch--bug house--Funny Farm--where life is wonderful ALL the time. They're coming to take me away.............HA HA--but before I go--I think I can handle one more book review.
If you enjoyed The Clockmaker's Daughter, then you should definitely read The Lake House by Kate Morton. Sadie Sparrow is a detective in London who is forced to take leave after violating rules of conduct during an investigation. She retreats to her grandfather's home in Cornwall where she stumbles across an abandoned estate called Loeanneth or Lake House. Sadie soon learns that the estate has been abandoned for seventy years, since 1933 when young Theo Edevane went missing during a summer party. Sadie becomes obsessed with the house and family and decides to investigate the seventy year old mystery. During her investigation, she meets Theo's now elderly sister Alice, a famous writer of crime novels with her own secrets about what happened that night. Morton weaves a wonderful mystery between the past and the present told through various members of the Edevane family and Sadie Sparrow. This book is essentially a mystery within a mystery as every member of the Edevane family has something to hide. This beautifully written novel is about 500 pages or a 6 mile run that will keep you guessing until the end. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment