Saturday, April 10, 2021

April 10, 2021 MY WAY

 My attitude towards running has really changed and for that I'm thankful. 

I used to put SO much pressure on myself. It was crazy. Even exhausted, I used to make myself run after a LONG day at school.  They were TERRIBLE runs--but I did them anyway--BECAUSE I HAD TO GET THE RUN IN--or so I told myself. These days--I walk after school if I'm tired. AND THAT'S OKAY.  I don't try to RUN THROUGH injuries anymore either. THAT WAS REALLY DUMB. Had to learn that lesson the hard way too. I've had a foot that's been bothering me --so I've been more careful about running. Doing more yoga instead.  I've been nursing it for about a month and finally decided to give running a whirl again--Had a GREAT 6 mile run. Resting and stretching my foot made all the difference.  I think of running now as a privilege. I'm just grateful to be able to get out there and  put one foot in front of the other.  It doesn't really matter how far I run or how fast I am. I'M STILL OUT THERE AND I'M GETTING IT DONE. MY WAY.   I'm not getting any younger. Who knows how long it will last--so I might as well just enjoy the ride. Speaking of enjoying--I just finished a psychological thriller that had me hooked from the first page. It was called The Push by Ashley Audrain. The main character, Blythe, is a young woman who wants to break the cycle. Her grandmother and mother were both dysfunctional, selfish, unloving mothers. Shortly after marrying Fox, Blythe finds out she is pregnant with their first child. Although she is steeped in doubt, Fox assures her that she will be a great mom and their family will thrive. Unfortunately for Blythe, and many other women, that first birth doesn't go as planned. She gives birth to a healthy daughter named Violet, but experiences postpartum blues, has difficulty nursing, sleepless nights and is unable to bond with her daughter. Although she feels guilty, she doesn't really like her daughter and the feeling is mutual. Although she voices these concerns to her husband, Fox  refuses to admit there is a problem. A few years later, Blythe has a second child, a boy named Sam and her experience is very different. They immediately bond and she finally feels like a loving mother. Problems with Violet and her behavior weigh on Blythe's mind--she is manipulative, sneaky --maybe a "bad seed" but her husband refuses to see it. Do I have you interested?? Find out what happens to Blythe, Fox, Violet and Sam when you read this page turner for yourself. Did I mention that I loved the ending and we really taken aback. It's about 320 pages or a 3 mile run that will greatly disturb you.........on many levels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment