Saturday, April 1, 2023

April 1, 2023 NO SPARE PARTS

Some people are REALLY into the Royal  Family. I'm not one of them. While some watched breathlessly when Diana and Charles tied the knot--I was probably hanging out in a bar watching sports. I was saddened when Diana died, but again, I didn't get obsessed with her. I never cared about Camilla and Charles or William and Kate. I vaguely remember that they have a few very cute kids though. And who is Prince Harry and this woman Meghan Markle?  Again--Don't know. I'm probably in the MINORITY  though. People seem to be fascinated by their every move---which became obvious when reading Spare by Prince Harry. I NEVER would have read this book in a million years BUT my book club picked it so I felt obligated to read it. Another thing I feel obligated to mention is that Prince Henry did not write the book--it was ghostwritten by J. R. Moehringer. (That just seems all wrong to me--taking credit for something he didn't write.) The last thing that bothers my mind is that Prince Harry is very young to be writing his memoir which leads me to believe this is a money making scheme because he has to pay his own way now that he is on his own. Back to the review. If you like the Royal Family then you will enjoy this dry, reserved tell all. It is Harry's life--warts and all. His struggles with anxiety, depression, loss, the Paps, and being a member of the Royal Family. You couldn't pay me enough to be with that dysfunctional crew-- I thought my family was loony?? It seems that Harry had a pretty uneventful  life before his mother died but then things went terribly wrong. He struggled in school and in all aspects of his life. He never felt good enough because his was the Spare to the Heir. He later joined the British Army and finally met and married Markle. Again, it wasn't my thing but ignore me if you are a fan of the FAMILY. It's about 415 pages of............

No comments:

Post a Comment