Wednesday, October 30, 2019

October 30, 2019 TEACH YOUR CHILDREN

You want to know the worst part about being a TEACHER?? When you're  a mom too. WHY?? Because you are always teaching. Most people come home from their job and forget about it.  NOT ME. Right now  I'm helping my son with THREE reports.  He also has to make some kind of edible cell project. (SCREAM) I don't want to help with reports or learn to make an edible cell. And this is just THIS week. Boy is he lucky--his mom is not only an English teacher but also an Art teacher. See how this sucks for me. I get to edit papers--TEACH HIM HOW TO WRITE A PAPER--  AND WORKS CITED PAGE AND create a CELL. When I get home from school--I'm Tired. The last thing I want to do is MORE SCHOOL WORK. (TAKING A DEEP BREATH NOW) Turning this vent into a positive.  Repeating--I'm very lucky. I am alive. I get to help my son write three reports and create a cell--over and over til it sticks! Or runaway!
Just finished Harlan Coben's new book Run Away and it doesn't disappoint. I just love reading his books because they hook you from page one and the ride twists and turns until the bitter end. In this book, Simon & Ingrid Greene have the perfect family. Or so it seems. Soon after their daughter, Paige goes off to college everything changes. The next think they know, she's hooked up with a drug addict boyfriend and she disappears. One day Simon is sitting on a bench in Central Park and he sees  a girl playing guitar. It's Paige. When she realizes it's her father, she runs away and Simon is arrested for beating her boyfriend. Paige disappears again but this time her parents will stop at nothing to get her back. Interweaved in this plot are several subplots--a hitman has been hired to kill several men including Paige's boyfriend. There's a detective trying to link the murders. There are plenty of drug dealers and a cult mixed up in this mess. Find out what happens to Paige and how all these things are related when you read this page turner for yourself. It's about 370 pages or a 3 mile run that you won't be able to put down.

No comments:

Post a Comment