Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December 31, 2019 AULD LANG SYNE

Can't believe it's the last day of 2019. Time to make the list. Yup--my favorite books of 2019. Read 60 books this year--wrote 56 reviews. That's an average of 5 books a month. Thinking about doing the 100 book challenge next year but don't know when I'd find the time to read 40 additional books. Last year when I wrote the list--it was really hard. The list was long and I had to keep paring it down because there were SO many books I loved--but this year was very different.  After reviewing my blog--there were ONLY nine books I'd read again or consider having in my library. That's not to say that I didn't enjoy many of the books but they were NOT KEEPERS. Hope you had a chance to read these books but if not--here they are again. (drum roll please) My list of the best books of 2019:

1) Time After Time by Lisa Grunwald reviewed 9/6/19--blog title-Communication Breakdown
2)  Chances Are by Richard Russo reviewed 10/12/19--blog title-Don't Be Afraid
3)  Where The Crawdads Sing reviewed 10/4/19--blog title-Sittin' On The Dock of a Bay
4) Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak reviewed 3/3/19--blog title-Let It Snow
5) The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar reviewed 8/22/19--blog title-Free Fallin'
6) The Lost Man by Jane Harper reviewed 3/28/19--blog title-Thursday's Child
7) Tin Man by Sarah Winman reviewed 7/5/19--blog title-Born in the USA
8) The Country Girls by Edna O'Brien reviewed 7/11/19--blog title-It's a Long Way to Tipperary
9) The Dutch House by Ann Patchett--will review in 2020

Hope you have a safe, happy, healthy 2020.
Happy Reading
-The Belle of the Book

No comments:

Post a Comment