Thursday, December 28, 2017

December 28, 2017 A-N-T-I-C-I-P-A-T-I-O-N

Anticipation. It's one of the things I love most about  Christmas. After decorating the house from top to bottom and making loads of Christmas cookies--WE WAIT. NO instant gratification. Kids ACTUALLY have to--WAIT--WONDER--WORRY--if they've been naughty or nice. And they DON'T find out UNTIL THE BIG DAY.  What fun. The next thing I love about the holidays is spending time with family and friends. In this  hustle & bustle world-- sometimes we lose touch--so it's a great opportunity to  catch up while making merry. For many of us THOUGH this MAKING MERRY lasts several days--SIX for my family. SO--the FINAL thing I love about Christmas--WHEN IT'S OVER. Boy am I exhausted--late nights--too many DESSERTS--too much making MERRY-- ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END. Now that I've shared my favorite things about Christmas--I'd like to share some of my FAVORITE BOOKS OF 2017--IN ORDER. So without further adieu (drum roll please):
1) A GENTLEMAN IN MOSCOW by Amor Towles--reviewed 9/17 blog title--Afternoon Delight
2)  LILLIAN BOXFISH TAKES A WALK by Kathleen Rooney--reviewed 9/2 blog title--Walk On By 
3) ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE by Elizabeth Strout--reviewed 10/2 blog title--Shake Your Booty
4) LINCOLN IN THE BARDO by George Saunders--reviewed 8/23 blog title--Freebird
5) MY GRANDMOTHER ASKED ME TO TELL YOU SHE'S SORRY by Fredrik Backman--reviewed 8/31 blog title--Shake Your Groove Thing
PLEASE--do yourself a favor and check these books out for yourself. They are all WELL worth the time and effort. I DON'T JOKE ABOUT BOOKS! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT'S IN STORE IN 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment