Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December 5, 2017 THE WAITING

SO THRILLED. My butt is finally feeling better--NOT COMPLETELY HEALED--but I was able to run over the weekend. AAHHH. It was wonderful. Sometimes you don't miss or appreciate something til it's gone. I really had to work hard--exercising and strengthening--to get better. I'm NOT flexible EITHER so I've been working on turning my body into a pretzel too.  Another thing that helped was switching from heat to Ice--and USING A FOAM ROLLER. Did I mention I also had to TAKE A LITTLE TIME OFF--which nearly drove me MAD. I've never been one for patience and waiting but that's exactly what I needed to do. Running is such an outlet for me. It keeps my anxiety in check and helps me stayed balanced--so the past month has been difficult. It was not until I really COMMITTED though--to the WHOLE REGIMEN--that I started feeling better. Still not 100%--taking it easy--running SLOWLY--and NOT AS OFTEN--but at least I'm out there. YIPPEE. Had a little extra time last week so I  thought I'd give Dennis Lehane's new novel Since We Fell a whirl.
Every so often I enjoy a good psychological thriller and Lehane is a master. He's written 14 novels including two that have been made into movies--Mystic River and Shutter Island. In Since We Fell, Rachel Childs is a television journalist who loses her confidence and job after having a panic attack on National television. She's a thirty-something recluse living in Boston who barely lives her apartment unless she is with her husband Brian. Because Brian travels for business, Rachel is occasionally forced to venture the streets of Boston. One day on the way to the store, Rachel stumbles upon a scene that shatters everything she believes and her carefully structured world falls apart. Find out what Rachel sees on the street that day that turns her world upside down when you read this suspense filled book yourself. It's filled with twists and turns and is almost impossible to put it down. The only thing that bothered me was that the book almost felt  like a movie ---and upon checking I found out that it is being adapted into a movie. Nevertheless, the book was fun to read and the movie will probably be great too. If you get a chance--check out this 400 pager--or 4 mile run--it's a real page turner. Guaranteed.


No comments:

Post a Comment