Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 31, 2017 SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL

THE NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION. It's that time of year again. If I make a resolution--it has to be DOABLE. No sense in making hollow promises right? I don't take these things lightly and have only made a handful of resolutions over the years. Just finished the 1000 mile challenge and although I might run 1000 miles next year--it's time to think of something else. A few years back I made a resolution to say HELLO to EVERYONE I  saw while out running. That was interesting--some people thought I was NUTS--just trying to spread a little kindness in the world though. After thinking long and hard I've decided on a resolution for 2018. Don't laugh--but I'm going to try to be kinder to my family.  It's funny how we take our family for granted sometimes. We tend take it out on them when we're feeling stressed or annoyed by life--right?? Admit it! This year I'm going to do my best to take a deep breath first--REPEAT MY NEW MANTRA--BE KINDER--and say the right thing. I know I can do better IN THIS DEPARTMENT and being mindful IS THE FIRST STEP. Happy New Year to all. Have a healthy 2018 and BE GOOD TO YOUR FAMILY.
If the residents of Beartown had adopted my resolution, things might have turned out differently. Beartown written by Fredrik Backman is the story of a town riddled with unemployment whose residents live and breathe hockey. It's their religion. The hockey club has been rebuilding for 10 years and it's finally their chance to draw National attention--funding--new talent. All they have to do is win the Amateur Championship. And they've got the talent to do it, with Kevin who's already being scouted by the NHL, Benji, Amat, Bobo and a host of other players. They are on their way to victory until a scandal threatens to rip the town apart. Accusations fly, and loyalties are tested. In a town where hockey is life-betrayal will change the residents of Beartown forever. Find out more when you read this great book by the author of A Man Called Ove and my favorite My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry. It's an easy read of about 400 pages--or a 4 mile run--about living with the choices we make.

No comments:

Post a Comment