Saturday, June 2, 2018

June 2, 2018 AIN'T NO WAY

Can't believe my firstborn turned 24! When I think back--24 LONG YEARS AGO--I have to admit THAT my first year as a MOTHER was EXTREMELY HARD. No one ever tells you what it's like to be a new mother--it's something you just have to experience for yourself. The SLEEPLESS nights, questions, worry. WHY This??? Why That?? OMG--not sure how I survived that first year--I felt lost, confused and isolated. I walked around in a purple-funk on pins and needles for a whole year. I heard crying in the shower, in my dreams--everywhere. Wish I'd had some help, relief, guidance but that's the way the ball bounces. I survived with only a few scars. Whenever I see a new mother though-- I SO FEEL FOR HER. I want to send her a sympathy card! Let her know it's all gonna be okay. SERIOUSLY.  Needless to say-- I got over it and went on to have two more lovely children. By the time #3 came around-- I WAS A PRO! 
Spent yesterday binge reading Sarah Pinborough's novel Behind Her Eyes. I couldn't put it down. It had so many twists and turns--I couldn't for the life of me figure out who the bad guy was until the BITTER END. And then I was left shaking my head--REALLY.  I 'm still upset about it today. You will either love or hate the ending but it's worth the read. Anyways, this mind bender is set in London. Louise, the main character, is a single mom and secretary to a group of psychiatrists. One night when her son is visiting his dad, Louise decides to meet a friend for drinks. Instead, she meets a man named David and sparks fly.  Fast forward to Monday at work-- David turns out to be her very married new boss. Awkward. To make matters more complicated, Louise virtually bangs into a new woman in town, Adele, who happens to be David's beautiful wife. Louise and Adele become fast friends while Louise and David carry on an affair. I know--CRAZY.  This turns into a love triangle gone bad and Louise is the pawn. This psychological thriller is about 300 pages--or a 3.5 mile run--can't wait to talk about the ending with you.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I just finished the Wife Between Us last night, so I need a new book. I'm going to download Behind Her Eyes. I'll discuss the ending with you at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you like The Wife Between Us?????

    ReplyDelete