Sunday, July 1, 2018

July 1, 2018 IT'S A HEATWAVE

CRAZY. Who closes OCEAN AVE on one of the busiest weekends of the summer??? Virtually held prisoner in my own home. The traffic was backed up for at least 6 HOURS--ON ONE OF THE HOTTEST DAYS OF THE YEAR.  Wonder who was responsible for that BRILLIANT  IDEA?? It doesn't take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to know how idiotic that was. AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE MAKING MAJOR DECISIONS IN OUR WORLD TODAY.  Hello--My dog would know  better than to close a major road on a SUMMER WEEKEND--especially BEFORE JULY 4TH. If I were smarter--I WOULDA let people park in my front yard--$25 dollars a car.  SHOULDA had a lemonade/beer stand going too.  Coulda made a fortune--possibly retire. COULDA--SHOULDA--WOULDA.  Don't worry though--I'll be ready the next time some BUREAUCRATIC BRAINIAC  tries to impress us with his BRILLIANCE. Okay--so my  imprisonment wasn't SO BAD--I had an excuse to sit and finish  the International Bestseller I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh.

 After 5 year old Jacob is killed one rainy afternoon in a hit-and-run accident, Jenna Gray quickly moves to a remote coast in Wales to escape the memory of the accident and start a new life. In the meantime, Bristol police officers are trying to piece together the accident and bring the culprit to justice. The chapters alternate between Jenna and the police investigation as Jenna struggles to start over and the police inch closer and closer to discovering what really happened on the day Jacob was killed. Don't want to give much more away but will say that this chilling novel has a plot twist that I never saw coming. It's an easy read of about 370 pages or a 4 mile run that will leave you shaking your head. WOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment