Friday, August 3, 2018

August 3, 2018 WHAT HURTS THE MOST

I am the BIGGEST PROCRASTINATOR. Seriously. What NORMAL person would walk around for a YEAR with an ACHING ASS??  Finally couldn't take it anymore.  After seeking the WISE counsel of my running circle--I finally took the plunge and found a new PT.  I really DREADED going--but can happily admit that I think I've found the RIGHT PT for my problem. And the best part--He's young--has a good sense of humor --AND IS GOOD LOOKING. You already know how SHALLOW I am--ENOUGH said. On a serious note though--there are all types of PTS out there and you need to find the one who can help with your specific problem. Should have listened to my running GURUS months ago but I really thought --PTS WERE all the same. How DUMB--that's like saying all teachers, lawyers, writers, doctors are the same. Today people specialize in certain areas so it's important to ask around. Another lesson learned..........
Seems like Arthur Less the main character in Andrew Sean Greer's Pulitzer Prize winner of 2018, Less,  has difficulty learning lessons as he keeps repeating the same mistakes. Arthur Less is a gay man on the cusp of fifty living in California.  After his lover of nine years breaks up with him to marry someone else, Arthur Less, a struggling writer, accepts several literary engagements around the world  to avoid the embarrassment of  the wedding. He finds himself in Paris, Berlin, Morocco, India and finally the Arabian Sea. During his travels, Arthur Less reflects on his past and realizes his mistakes.  In the end, this is essentially a love story--quirky, bizarre at times, but I couldn't help but like Arthur Less and have empathy for his situation. The writing is also top notch. Find out what crazy situations Less finds himself in and all the discoveries he makes when you read this novel for yourself. It's about 270 pages-- or a 4 mile run--by a fine writer that's worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment