Wednesday, August 8, 2018

August 8, 2018 WHEN I'M SIXTY-FOUR

It's all relative. So I'm a physical therapy the other day--strengthening my GLUTES--watching this 20 something year old woman in PERFECT shape--work on a shoulder injury. Couldn't help but check her out--WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT OKAY--she was LONG--LEAN--BEAUTIFUL. Flash ahead 15 minutes. The beauty queen leaves--in walks Sally--80 SOMETHING YEAR OLD. I'm still busy working on the BUTT--when Sally yells--Hey Blondie. I have NO IDEA she's talking to me because it's FAKE--but I look up cause there's NO ONE ELSE AROUND. Sally's checking ME OUT-- She THINKS I'M--LONG--LEAN--WOULDN'T GO SO FAR AS TO SAY BEAUTIFUL-- but you get the idea. She bellows-- like a drunken sailor--a few compliments my way. I'M SHOCKED--but want to PAY IT FORWARD--so I say--I  HOPE I look as good as you look when I'm 60!! She gave me a hardy laugh--blushed-- and went on with her workout. We all need a little ADMIRATION now and then--whether we're 20-50-80. A little compliment can go a LONG WAY. 
 In Jane Harper's second book Force of Nature, Falk and his new partner, Carmen Cooper,  are sent to investigate a woman gone missing while on a corporate retreat in the Giralang Range--a long way from home. Not sure if you read Harper's first book The Dry which won the Golden Dagger Award for best Crime Novel last year--but I'd start there first. It's a great read and since this is a series, it's nice to get to know Falk in book one. In this installment also set in Australia, the missing hiker is Alice Russell. She disappears on a weekend retreat  meant to be a bonding experience. Five women walked into the woods and only four walked out. Five women who didn't necessarily get along in the first place. Add to the mix the fact that Russell  has been secretly working with Falk to uncover a money laundering scheme that her company is involved in.  It's a great mystery with several suspects and twists and turns. Wasn't sure about anything until the bitter end. If you're looking for a new crime drama series-I'VE FOUND IT FOR YOU! It's an easy read of 325 pages--or a 4 mile run--that will keep you guessing. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment