Saturday, June 29, 2024

June 30, 2024 CLOSING TIME

 

Back in the day--I went to Kalamian Rug Shop to pick out rugs. I'd take a few home to see if they looked good--bring back the ones I didn't like--pay for the rugs I kept. It was a super convenient, easy way to get what I wanted. Fast forward--there is NO WHERE to buy rugs anymore. Drove all over creation AND NO LUCK. Spent SEVERAL hours online shopping for rugs. There are over 5 billion rugs online so the whole thing gave me a GIANT headache. I actually like to touch the rugs, check out how soft/hard they are and see the colors IN PERSON.  So now I guess I'm actually going to have to order rugs--and return the ones I don't like. That sounds like a HUGE pain in the ass to me. It's not like I'm returning a pair of jeans. RUGS are big--awkward--and expensive to return. Shaking me head......Just finished a good mystery set in a bookstore called Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew Sullivan. Set in Denver, Lydia Smith is a clerk at the Bright Ideas Bookstore. This is a funky store complete with "Book Frogs"--lonely regulars who hang out at the bookstore--among them is her favorite--Joey Molina. One night at closing time, Joey's dead body is found on the second floor--an apparent suicide. Equally disturbing, is the picture he has in his pocket of Lydia as a young girl. After Lydia inherits Joey's collection of books, she discovers a mystery--hidden messages throughout the books. What do they mean? What do they have to do with her?  Will they involve her own childhood trauma? Read this interesting mystery, with several twists and turns to find out the answers to these questions and many more. It's about 300 easy pages that you will find hard to put down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment