Thursday, January 5, 2017

January 5, 2017 DON'T THINK I DON'T THINK ABOUT IT

This might sound crazy  but I've been running for almost twenty years and have never worn a watch to track my splits/time/mileage. Don't worry--that's all changed with the new year. I have decided to try something new to stay on the straight and narrow--THE RUNKEEPER APP.  It keeps track of everything including--but not limited to --tracking my runs--personal bests--running courses--altitude--music--you name it.  If it can figure out how to keep me hydrated, I'm all in.  Seriously though, I like it but find it a bit stressful--like I'm racing against a machine. Every five minutes this VOICE updates me on my progress so I feel like I have to move faster--No more lallygagging for this gal. It's all business from now on. SURE THING. I've learned one thing for certain though--it's making me more accountable. It's also shedding new light and helping me rethink my game-- I didn't realize that my first mile was at least two minutes slower than my last mile--a glaring problem-- especially when running a race. Not sure how to fix that but it's food for thought. Anyways, on to other things that plague my mind including the book I just finished reading called I'm thinking of Ending Things by Iain Reid.
First of all, I guess I keep thinking about this book because I didn't get the ending at first.  I hate when that happens. So, I spent some time rereading it and when I finally got it, I'm not sure how I felt.  I loved it for the most part and had trouble putting it down. I had to know what was going to happen. Reid's debut novel is told by an unnamed narrator who is dating a guy named Jake. They've been dating a few months and she has reluctantly agreed to meet his parents even though she's secretly thinking of ending it. During the drive, the narrator has several weird flash backs and constant phone calls from an unknown person. The road trip turns even creepier when the couple arrive home to meet the family. Find out what ultimately happens when you read this hard to put down modern, gothic novel. I am definitely interested to know what you think when you finish reading the last page. It's an easy read of about 200 pages--only a 3 mile run--that I read in one afternoon. Like I said before, I couldn't put it down and I'm still thinking about it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment