Saturday, July 2, 2016

July 3, 2016 INTRODUCTIONS PLEASE.......

I have been in love with reading my whole life. I remember when my grandmother bought me a copy of Charlotte's Web in Fourth grade-- I stayed up half the night because I had to know what happened to Wilbur and Charlotte. E.B. White,  Beverly Clearly and Judy Blume were paramount to my childhood. I must have read Are You There God, It's Me Margaret a dozen times. Margaret became a great friend to me. I learned many lessons from not only her but the characters in every book. Books so influenced my life, that I try to share this life long love with my students as an English teacher.

As an adult, I find the characters in books more interesting than most people. Don't get me wrong, I have many friends but I long and feel most content when enveloped in a great book.

Since I am a well-known book worm, people constantly come to me for book recommendations. Among my family and friends, I have developed a reputation as a well-read person of quality literature.  Friends affectionately refer to me as their "book dealer;" someone they trust to help them navigate the often overwhelming variety of choices in the book world.  I've decided to start a blog to make it easier to share my recommendations and thoughts about the books I read.

My hope is that you find this blog not only helpful; but more importantly, I hope it inspires you to want to find a cozy corner where you can curl up with a great novel and pass the day.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what your first recommendation is! Looking forward to following your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read the blog!

    ReplyDelete